Saturday, May 8, 2010

Kids Names :)

Today on Kelly's Korner she is asking about kids names... future or present kids...   I feel we have the most fabulous name of all with Mr Brady, but I am curious to read all the other post for some ideas...for future kids, of course...

DAVID BRADY WOOTEN

We knew for sure that if  when we had a son, he would be named David. That is Chris' first name and Chris' dad's name.. so naturally, we were going to pass it on.

(Brady and Mr. David the first time they met)


Before we knew how much that name would fit him, we chose it. Now, looking back, it is the most perfect name for him. Brady and his Papaw David lived such parallel lives for the few short months that they lived on this earth together. They spent most of those months in the hospital (different hospitals, same time) They were given some of the same medicines on the same days in those hospitals. They had similar symptoms.. When Mr. David was having his bone marrow test done at Baptist Hospital, Brady was down the street at the Blair E Batson hospital for Children in the bone marrow room, because it was the last room on the floor avalible... There were many more ironic stories... Stories that still blow my mind when I think about it... Last May, Mr. David passed from this world to his eternal home with Jesus and last June (one month later) Brady had his last seizure.  We believe that Mr. David is sitting up there in Glory watching over our sweet "david" down here. We are so blessed to have so many pictures of the two of them.

And to blow your mind even more, we found some baby pictures of Mr. David that are CRAZY similar to what Brady looked liked at that age... we found them after Mr. David passed away... we had no idea that Brady even resembled Mr David until we found those pictures... I will let you judge for yourself...



No, this is NOT Brady... This is his namesake... This is his Pawpaw David! Crazy?!?!?! I Know, Right?


This is the last pictures we have with Brady and Mr. David ... taken 18 days before he met Jesus.
We will cherish these pictures.



So now that we had "David" down, it was time for the middle name...

We went through the alphabet.. 
A-Z...
 we through around "Gabriel" for a while. We like "Austin" and "Clarke" too.

"Brady" was always on the list.

I am a life-long watcher of Days of our Lives...
my next favorite show was Sex and the City...
both of which have characters or Families named Brady
Okay... there, I got "Brady" from Days and SATC...
I admit it...
Big Deal!
I think it fits him well.

Here's a tiny side story for you...

During the child birth process his heart rate dropped pretty low and then would pick back up... It did that several times... They called it "Bradycardia" which means slow heart rate... I had no idea that was even a word. When the nurses asked me what his name was going to be and I told them Brady they told me it was the perfect name for him...




It was meant to be :)


Here are just a few recent pictures of my Precious "Brady", by the way...


This is such a sweet "Brady" smile
This is what "Brady" looks like when he is teething
This is how "Brady" crosses his feet when he sits to read a book
This is one of "Brady's" most Favorite thing in the world...TIRES!
With another tire... Sweet "Brady"

OH yes! I have picked out our girl name also, BUT, I am still convincing Chris that he loves it.. I have already taught Brady how to say it, and he LOVES it... It will grow on Chris, and until it does, its our secret.

~jenny~

No comments: