Monday, February 8, 2010

Beauty tips and Favorite Products!

Kelly's Korner is doing another "Show us how you live" blog and this time it should be pretty fun! I have always LOVED hair and makeup products :) even if I don't wear make up everyday, I still like having it. Chris jokes that I am a Make-up and hair product hoarder... oh well, we all have something... Let's start with hair. Seeing as how I did go to hair school and I am a licensed cosmetologist (not in practice) I love having fun hair products around... and, of course, Paul Mitchell is my favorite...
My hair school was Paul Mitchell and then I went on to become a National Educator for Paul Mitchell Systems so naturally I have tons of their products and tons of product knowledge, which makes it better :) Extra Body is my favorite line... cause " Big hair makes your butt look smaller"... I gotta have some body in my hair and their Extra Body finishing spray and Firm Finishing Spray are always on stock in my house... and I have a travel size one in my purse. I love that stuff !

Next, My favorite smoothing iron ever is the Paul Mitchell Smoothing iron.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! However, my smoothing Iron recently went out :( I have had it since I was in hair school 5 years ago and I love it... unfortunately they no longer make the original one.. and since I haven't tried any of their new ones yet so I don't know what I'm gonna do...My hair has been large and wild for a week or so now so I gotta do something soon. Ok.. on to skin care... Every night for several years now I have washed my face with the same stuff my mom washes her face with... I smell like her when I go to bed.. its a very familiar smell... It smells like home :) Its Pond's!!! and not the new stuff, the classic Cold Cream... My favorite "guilty pleasure" of all is ... drum roll please.... MAC MAKEUP BRUSHES!!!!

I am obsessed with them, I don't think I will ever be able to have enough of them.. as a matter of fact, I spent Saturday night shampooing my brushes while coloring my hair... some may think "Lame" but I enjoy it! I keep and inventory of the one's I have in my phone in case I make and impulse stop at a MAC store and just NEED a new one... (they also make great Valentine's Day gifts... hint, hint, honey!)

And with my Mac Brushes, I love playing with my eyeshadow... here lately, I have worn a smokey eye using blacks and some days browns but on the occasion, I love a wild color.. and I have tons of MAC colors... Don't be surprised one day if you see me out like this...

And, on a final note.. my favorite nail polish is, of course, OPI.. my favorite color now is "Lincoln Park After Dark" ..

This is not that color, but I thought this one was pretty too...

ANYWAY- That is a list of my favorites and timeless beauty tips and products.. I am currently into watching YOUTUBE and other websites to get more tips and techniques and some of my favorites are...

Miss Jessica Harlow & Fashion Face

Alright, that's it for me.. See you guys next time... Hope you enjoyed it :)

Jenny

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the Beauty tips and Favorite Products! It was nice going through your blog. Header image of your blog looks awesome. Ihampers.co.uk