Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cupid came a little early...

This year since Brady is not in daycare (not that I am complaining... I love him being home, but, its Dr.'s orders that he not go to daycare for the time being) so he is missing out on all the fun parties that they throw.... or should I say I am missing out on all those parties :) I can't wait to be that homeroom mom that throws all the parties and decorates out of this world.. but for now I dont get to attend those parties... So, I will make my own, hehehe.
Since Brady was not going to get any little Valentine's Day cards or goodies this year, I decided we would GIVE them. We started with cookies.. homemade... rolled dough cut into shapes.... Just so you know, this was my very first time doing this. I have never rolled dough for cookies in my life! But I sure had fund doing it...
Then came the even funner part... DECORATING THEM!!! Of course, I did all of it, but I put Brady in my lap for a picture or two... I want him to at least look like he was involved when he is looking back on these pictures... Oh, the icing and sprinkles... HOW FUN!! He wasn't too sure, but it was like I was in preschool all over again...
Here are just a few of our masterpeices.... Just like a snow flake, no one alike :)
And look at the lips.... Glamourous lips...
Yes, I am aware that Christmas is over, but this year I decided to keep up my silver tree all year long and decorate it with the seasons... I bought all this decor last year after Valentine's Day for half off... so this year I broke it open and decorated with it... at no cost to me :)
Oh yeah.. we made two pans of rice crispy treats (with pink marshmellows and SPRINKLES) for the fire stations and Police department... Just to show them a little appriciation. FYI- it doesn't have to be Thanksgiving for you to be thankful. Its a good jesture... plus, if you put your address on it, it might make them come faster to your house if you ever needed it... hopefully not though...
I just love my cookies.. they turned out so cute... too bad I never tried one, thats right.. not one bite... I am on a diet after all (that's right.. I lost 14 lbs in the month of January.. Go me!!!
Here is our Valentine's Day tree with all our little goodies... all wrapped in their little baggies that I bought last year for like $0.50!!
Nothing Sweeter :)
And there's my little helper now...
Till next time~
Jenny

No comments: